19 Outstanding Absentee Ballots for the November 8, 2016 General Election
Find out who your elected representatives are at My Vote Wisconsin
To access the Chippewa County Clerk's election page, click here
*** IMPORTANT: Voter ID will be in effect for all upcoming elections. Passed by the Supreme Court March 23, 2015. Click here for voter ID information.
Don't know where to vote?
Visit My Vote Wisconsin to find out your polling location
Who can vote?
- U.S. Citizens
- 18 years or older
- You have been a resident of your election district for 10 consecutive days prior to the election
- You have not lost your right to vote, i.e. a convicted felon
How do I register to vote?Village of Lake Hallie 13136 30th Avenue Lake Hallie, WI 54729 The application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day (3rd Wednesday) before the election.
- This can be done up until 5:00 p.m. or the close of business, whichever is later, on the Friday before the election. Please call to set up an appointment if you cannot make it in by noon.
- Proof of residency must be presented at this time.
At the Polls
- If you wish to register at the polls, you will need to bring proof or residency stating you have lived at that address for 10 consecutive days.
What qualifies as proof of residence?
NOTE: Proof of residency is required for voter registration and must be current and valid. The following are acceptable Proof-of Residence if the document contains your current name and address and is valid on Election Day (unless otherwise indicated):
1. A current and valid Wisconsin driver license.
2. A current and valid Wisconsin identification card.
3. Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
4. Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
5. A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
6. A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day (NOT for first-time voters registering by mail).
7. A university, college or technical institute identification card (must include photo), ONLY if the bearer provides a fee receipt dated within the last nine months or the institution provides a certified housing list to the municipal clerk.
8. A gas, electric or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before election day.
9. Bank statement.
11. A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
More information on Voter Registration and Voting information.
If you are not already registered, you will need to register to vote before an absentee ballot can be sent to you. Please contact the Village Clerk's office to see if you are registered prior to absentee voting. The application must be received by the clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you.
Village of Lake Hallie13136 30th Avenue Lake Hallie, WI 54729
Email or Fax
Before the ballot can be counted on election day, the clerk must have received a request from the voter with an original signature. Print your email request, sign it, and return it with your ballot, but outside the certified ballot envelope. This request should be made no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you.
The absentee voting can be done up until 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the election. If you apply for an absentee ballot at the Village of Lake Hallie clerk's office, you must vote immediately, seal your ballot in the proper envelope, and return it to a member of the clerk's staff to be witnessed. No ballots may be taken from the clerk's office.
you would like additional information on elections, please visit the
Wisconsin Election Commission's